Scholarships 2014: USA Offers International Student Retention Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Category: scholarship
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 16:40
The state of Oregon, USA (Portland State University) is offering partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of potential international students who have completed at least one term of studies at PSU. Approximately 30 scholarships are awarded annually. Applicants receive $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter and spring terms. The¬†application deadline is¬†winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
Study Subject(s):¬†Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Portland State University.
Course Level:¬†Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree¬†level at Portland State University¬†to pursue higher education in Oregon.
Scholarship Provider:¬†State of Oregon
Scholarship can be taken at:¬†USA
-Be an Undergraduate student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 3 terms, an¬†Undergraduate transfer student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term, or a graduate¬†student who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term. Students who are co-enrolled at another local institution are eligible to¬†receive the scholarship. Students restricted to English as a Second Language (ESL) coursework are not eligible to receive the¬†scholarship until they have met the English Language Proficiency requirements.
-Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) on all Portland State University¬†coursework (not including transfer credits).
-Have clearly defined degree goals and be making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree program.
-Hold an F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
-The following categories are not eligible for this scholarship: U.S. Citizens, resident aliens, or anyone who meets the eligibility test¬†for receiving U.S. Federal Financial Aid, students who pay resident (in-state) tuition, students receiving other fee remission¬†awards (including graduate assistantships and ICSP) and those with Employment Authorization Documents (except those through¬†Economic Hardship).
Scholarship Open for International Students:¬†International students¬†can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The International Student Retention Scholarship (ISRS), made possible through funding from the State of Oregon, offers partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world. Recipients receive a $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter, and spring terms.¬†International students, who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence are encouraged to apply for the ISRS.
Number of scholarship(s):¬†Approximately 30 scholarships are awarded annually.
Duration: Scholarships are offered for¬†a maximum of six terms.
What does it cover?¬†The scholarship amount is $1,000 per term, or the total amount of tuition, whichever is less, for a maximum of 6¬†consecutive terms. Awards are subject to continued funding availability and are not guaranteed.
-The scholarship is awarded in the fall, winter and spring terms only; awards are not given during summer term.
-Students who receive an International Cultural Service Program award or a Graduate Teaching Assistantship may¬†not also receive the International Student Scholarship.
-Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or above.
-Recipients must maintain a full course load each term, unless authorized for under enrollment by an advisor in the Office of International Student and Scholar Services. Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 12 credits each term, and¬†graduate students must complete a minimum of 9 credits per term. If there are any extenuating circumstances, the coordinator¬†should be notified immediately.
Selection Criteria:¬†International students who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for¬†academic excellence, are encouraged to apply for the International Student Retention Scholarship. Selection is based on¬†demonstration of financial need, depth and quality of essay, Grade Point Average, and recommendation letters.
How to Apply:¬†The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline:¬†The¬†application deadline is¬†winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
* Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
- German universities rise in reputation rankings 2014
- Four California universities among world‚Äôs top 10, Rankings 2014
- NZ universities fail to make world‚Äôs top 100- Rankings 2014
- Australian universities slip in global reputation rankings !!!
- Canada‚Äôs top universities slip in 2014 world rankings
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) - Studentvisa1.com
- U.S. has lost track of tens of thousands of foreign students who came study to then took jobs
- Apply for MBBS, BDS & Engineering in China Universities, Visa For Bangladeshi
- UK, USA, Malaysia, Italy, Germany, China Universities: Admission, Scholarships & Visa from Bangladesh for Bangladeshi Students
- Admission & Visa in Malaysian Universities for Bangladeshi & International students
- Bangladesh-top Universities by world Web Rankings 2013 | Studentvisa1.com
- Student Visas, Scholarships, rankings Information for Bangladeshi Students in Bangladesh and foreign Universities
- List of colleges/universities in USA | F1 Visa-Study in America | Studentvisa1.com
- New post study visa arrangements for international graduates in Australia
- Studentvisa1.com-Study Aboard, Admission, Student Visas, Immigration, IELTS Test, Scholarships, Grants, Fellowship, Rankings in Foreign Colleges and Universities.
- Work & Study in Malaysia- Malaysian Student Visa-Work Permit
- EU introduces new strategy to promote European Universities globally
- Hollywood Movie ‚ÄėThe Wolverine,‚Äô- Hugh Jackman Again @Entertainment
- Scholarships, Student Visas, Admission in Bangladesh & Foreign Universities for Bangladeshi Students ‚ÄďStudentvisa1.com
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship, 2014-2015