Scholarships 2014: USA Offers International Student Retention Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Category: scholarship
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 16:40
The state of Oregon, USA (Portland State University) is offering partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of potential international students who have completed at least one term of studies at PSU. Approximately 30 scholarships are awarded annually. Applicants receive $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter and spring terms. The application deadline is winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Portland State University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at Portland State University to pursue higher education in Oregon.
Scholarship Provider: State of Oregon
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
Eligibility: Applicants must:
-Be an Undergraduate student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 3 terms, an Undergraduate transfer student (at least sophomore standing) who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term, or a graduate student who has been enrolled at PSU for at least 1 term. Students who are co-enrolled at another local institution are eligible to receive the scholarship. Students restricted to English as a Second Language (ESL) coursework are not eligible to receive the scholarship until they have met the English Language Proficiency requirements.
-Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) on all Portland State University coursework (not including transfer credits).
-Have clearly defined degree goals and be making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree program.
-Hold an F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
-The following categories are not eligible for this scholarship: U.S. Citizens, resident aliens, or anyone who meets the eligibility test for receiving U.S. Federal Financial Aid, students who pay resident (in-state) tuition, students receiving other fee remission awards (including graduate assistantships and ICSP) and those with Employment Authorization Documents (except those through Economic Hardship).
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The International Student Retention Scholarship (ISRS), made possible through funding from the State of Oregon, offers partial tuition scholarships each year to a number of deserving students from countries throughout the world. Recipients receive a $1000 tuition waiver for a maximum of six terms and awards are given in the fall, winter, and spring terms. International students, who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence are encouraged to apply for the ISRS.
Number of scholarship(s): Approximately 30 scholarships are awarded annually.
Duration: Scholarships are offered for a maximum of six terms.
What does it cover? The scholarship amount is $1,000 per term, or the total amount of tuition, whichever is less, for a maximum of 6 consecutive terms. Awards are subject to continued funding availability and are not guaranteed.
-The scholarship is awarded in the fall, winter and spring terms only; awards are not given during summer term.
-Students who receive an International Cultural Service Program award or a Graduate Teaching Assistantship may not also receive the International Student Scholarship.
-Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 2.75 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or above.
-Recipients must maintain a full course load each term, unless authorized for under enrollment by an advisor in the Office of International Student and Scholar Services. Undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 12 credits each term, and graduate students must complete a minimum of 9 credits per term. If there are any extenuating circumstances, the coordinator should be notified immediately.
Selection Criteria: International students who demonstrate financial need, have clearly defined academic and professional goals, and who strive for academic excellence, are encouraged to apply for the International Student Retention Scholarship. Selection is based on demonstration of financial need, depth and quality of essay, Grade Point Average, and recommendation letters.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is winter term: October 15, spring term: February 15.
* Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
- HSTU Undergraduate Admission Circular 2014 Published @Bangladesh
- BSMRSTU Honors Admission Test on December 29-30, 2013
- KU Honors Admission Test Begins on Dec 7, 2013
- 30 Public Universities Admission Test Date Fixed- Bangladesh
- BUET Admission Test on November 2, 2013- Bangladesh University
- Rajshahi University/RU admission test from 10 November 2013
- Medical Admission Circular for MBBS, BDS Admission Published 2013
- University of Barisal Honors Admission Circular 2013
- Online Registration for Bangladeshi Medical Admission Begins on Sep 4 | Admission Test on Oct 4
- RUET Honors Admission Test likely on Nov 16, 2013- Bangladesh University
- Student Visas, Scholarships, rankings Information for Bangladeshi Students in Bangladesh and foreign Universities
- Bangladesh-top Universities by world Web Rankings 2013 | Studentvisa1.com
- List of colleges/universities in USA | F1 Visa-Study in America | Studentvisa1.com
- Studentvisa1.com-Study Aboard, Admission, Student Visas, Immigration, IELTS Test, Scholarships, Grants, Fellowship, Rankings in Foreign Colleges and Universities.
- New post study visa arrangements for international graduates in Australia
- Hollywood Movie ‘The Wolverine,’- Hugh Jackman Again @Entertainment
- Travel money or prepaid currency card: which is best?
- Fake Lady Gaga, Rihanna concert scheme- Two men charged | Entertainment
- Why IELTS Score is required?
- Scholarships, Student Visas, Admission in Bangladesh & Foreign Universities for Bangladeshi Students –Studentvisa1.com